- Only staff members of the IMF and its Trusted Partners can register on the
IMF Extranet. As a prerequisite to registration, all e-mail addresses associated
with Extranet accounts must be validated.
- Begin by entering your e-mail address in the E-mail address(*) field.
For World Bank users, please use your World Bank e-mail address; for invitees
from the Trusted Partner organizations, be sure to use the e-mail address
associated with your invitation.
Click the validation icon next to the e-mail address field
Upon successful validation of your e-mail address, the remaining fields of the
form will be enabled, allowing completion of your registration.
- CAPTCHA screen : To display a new set of characters, click the Refresh icon located to the right of the
- Click Submit to submit your registration request for consideration. A
confirmation email will be sent to you shortly containing instructions for
e-mail address verification.
Email Verification/Account Activation
- Check your e-mail account for a verification request
- Click the link provided for Account Activation, or copy and paste it into your
browser if necessary.
- Enter your e-mail address, name and the password associated with your
- Click the Submit button.
- You may now login in to the IMF Extranet.
Your security responsibilities
including but not limited to:
- You are using your own own e-mail address, given to you by your institution
as your username
- You do not share your username and password with anyone
- You do not share any of the classified documents, including For Official Use
Only documents with anyone or on any website outside of the the IMF Extranet
- Choose a password with a minimum of fourteen (14) characters, or longer
- You can not choose any of your previous four (4) passwords when changing passwords.
- You need at least one (1) day between each Password Reset.
- Your account will be locked out after three failed logon attempts.
We strongly encourage the use of complex passwords (any combination of letters, numbers and special characters, excluding '<' and '>'). Choose a password that you can easily remember and that is also difficult for others to guess.
Here are some guidelines for creating complex passwords:
- Do not use words in a dictionary, unless accompanied by additional unrelated characters
- Passwords should not be a reflection of a person’s life; for example, license plate
numbers and spouses’ names are not suitable as passwords.
- Combine punctuation, numbers and/or special characters with a regular word.
- Deliberately misspell a word (but not a common misspelling)
- Create acronyms from words in a song, a poem or another known sequence of words.
- Combine a number of personal facts like birth dates and favorite colors.