- Enter the e-mail address used during registration.
- Enter a new password.
- Confirm the password by re-entering it.
- Click the Reset button.
A confirmation e-mail will be sent to you containing instructions for
activating the new password. Email Confirmation/New Password Activation
- Check your e-mail account for a confirmation e-mail
- Click the link provided for Activation, or copy and paste it into your
browser if necessary.
- Enter your e-mail address and the new password.
- Click the Activate button.
- Using your new password, you can now login in to the IMF Extranet.
- Choose a password with a minimum of fourteen (14) characters, or longer
- You can not choose any of your previous four (4) passwords when changing passwords.
- You need at least one (1) day between each Password Reset.
- Your account will be locked out after three failed logon attempts.
We strongly encourage the use of complex passwords (any combination of letters, numbers and special characters, excluding '<' and '>'). Choose a password that you can easily remember and that is also difficult for others to guess.
Here are some guidelines for creating complex passwords:
- Do not use words in a dictionary, unless accompanied by additional unrelated characters
- Passwords should not be a reflection of a person’s life; for example, license plate
numbers and spouses’ names are not suitable as passwords.
- Combine punctuation, numbers and/or special characters with a regular word.
- Deliberately misspell a word (but not a common misspelling)
- Create acronyms from words in a song, a poem or another known sequence of words.
- Combine a number of personal facts like birth dates and favorite colors.